There are many good reasons to get vaccinated for COVID-19, including:
- All currently available vaccines have been shown to be highly effective at preventing COVID-19. They have also been carefully evaluated in clinical trials prior to receiving Emergency Use Authorization.
- The vaccine data shows that it also prevents those who still contract COVID-19 (after being vaccinated) from becoming seriously ill or hospitalized.
- If you are vaccinated, you will help protect those around you who cannot get the vaccine.
- While current safety measures — such as wearing masks and physical distancing — help to reduce your chance of getting COVID-19 and spreading it to others, these precautions are not enough. Vaccination is the best option we have for ending this pandemic.
- Even if you have had COVID-19 in the past, it is recommended that you still get the vaccine. Experts aren’t sure how long a person may be protected from re-infection with the disease.
Still have concerns? Read frequently asked questions about getting vaccinated and watch Q&A videos that address common questions.